12VAC5-481-1030. Records of Planned Special Exposures.
A. For each use of the provisions of 12VAC5-481-690 for planned special exposures, licensees shall maintain records that describe the following:
1. The exceptional circumstances requiring the use of a planned special exposure;
2. The name of the management official who authorized the planned special exposure and a copy of the signed authorization;
3. What actions were necessary;
4. Why the actions were necessary;
5. How doses were maintained ALARA; and
6. What individual and collective doses results were expected and the doses actually received in the planned special exposure.
B. Licensees shall retain the records until the agency terminates each pertinent license requiring these records.
§ 32.1-229 of the Code of Virginia.
Derived from Volume 22, Issue 25, eff. September 20, 2006; amended, Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 18, eff. June 12, 2008; Volume 32, Issue 24, eff. August 25, 2016.
Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.
As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.