18VAC90-19-200. Restricted Volunteer License and Registration for Voluntary Practice by Out-of-State Licensees.
A. A registered or practical nurse may be issued a restricted volunteer license and may practice in accordance with provisions of § 54.1-3011.01 of the Code of Virginia.
B. Any licensed nurse who does not hold a license to practice in Virginia and who seeks registration to practice on a voluntary basis under the auspices of a publicly supported, all volunteer nonprofit organization that sponsors the provision of health care to populations of underserved people shall:
1. File a complete application for registration on a form provided by the board at least five business days prior to engaging in such practice. An incomplete application will not be considered;
2. Provide evidence of current, unrestricted licensure in a United States jurisdiction;
3. Provide the name of the nonprofit organization and the dates and location of the voluntary provision of services;
4. Pay a registration fee of $10; and
5. Provide an attestation from a representative of the nonprofit organization attesting to its compliance with provisions of subdivision 11 of § 54.1-3001 of the Code of Virginia.
§ 54.1-2400 of the Code of Virginia.
Derived from Volume 33, Issue 10, eff. February 24, 2017.
Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.
As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.