12VAC5-481-2049. Therapy-Related Computer Systems.
Licensees shall perform acceptance testing on the treatment planning system of therapy-related computer systems in accordance with published protocols accepted by nationally recognized bodies. At a minimum, the acceptance testing shall include, as applicable, verification of:
1. The source-specific input parameters required by the dose calculation algorithm;
2. The accuracy of dose, dwell time, and treatment time calculations at representative points;
3. The accuracy of isodose plots and graphic displays;
4. The accuracy of the software used to determine sealed source positions from radiographic images; and
5. The accuracy of electronic transfer of the treatment delivery parameters to the treatment delivery unit from the treatment planning system.
§ 32.1-229 of the Code of Virginia.
Derived from Volume 32, Issue 24, eff. August 25, 2016.
Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.
As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.