12VAC5-481-910. General Requirements.
A. Licensees shall dispose of licensed material only in the following ways:
1. By transfer to an authorized recipient as provided in 12VAC5-481-570;
2. By decay in storage;
3. By release in effluents within the limits of 12VAC5-481-720; or
4. As authorized under 12VAC5-481-920, 12VAC5-481-930, 12VAC5-481-940, 12VAC5-481-950, or 12VAC5-481-971.
B. A person shall be specifically licensed to receive waste containing licensed material from other persons for the following actions:
1. Treatment prior to disposal;
2. Treatment or disposal by incineration;
3. Decay in storage;
4. Disposal at a land disposal facility licensed under Part XI (12VAC5-481-2330 et seq.) of this chapter; or
5. Disposal at a geologic repository under 10 CFR Part 60 or 10 CFR Part 63.
§ 32.1-229 of the Code of Virginia.
Derived from Volume 22, Issue 25, eff. September 20, 2006; amended, Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 18, eff. June 12, 2008; Volume 32, Issue 24, eff. August 25, 2016.
Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.
As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.