The Secretaries of Health and Human Resources and Education shall work together in:
1. Promoting interagency consensus and facilitating complementary agency positions on issues relating to early intervention services;
2. Examining and evaluating the effectiveness of state agency programs, services, and plans for early intervention services and identifying duplications, inefficiencies, and unmet needs;
3. Analyzing state agency budget requests and any other budget items affecting early intervention services;
4. Proposing ways of realigning funding to promote interagency initiatives and programs for early intervention services;
5. Formulating recommendations on planning, priorities, and expenditures for early intervention services and communicating the recommendations to the Governor and state agency heads;
6. Formulating joint policy positions and statements on legislative issues regarding early intervention services and communicating those positions and statements to the General Assembly; and
7. Resolving interagency disputes and assigning financial responsibility in accordance with Part C of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (20 U.S.C. § 1431 et seq.).
1992, c. 771, § 2.1-761; 2001, c. 844.
The chapters of the acts of assembly referenced in the historical citation at the end of this section may not constitute a comprehensive list of such chapters and may exclude chapters whose provisions have expired.