The duties of the participating agencies shall include:
1. Establishing a statewide system of early intervention services in accordance with state and federal statutes and regulations;
2. Identifying and maximizing coordination of all available public and private resources for early intervention services;
3. Developing and implementing formal state interagency agreements that define the financial responsibility and service obligations of each participating agency for early intervention services, establish procedures for resolving disputes, and address any additional matters necessary to ensure collaboration;
4. Consulting with the lead agency in the promulgation of regulations to implement the early intervention services system, including developing definitions of eligibility and services;
5. Carrying out decisions resulting from the dispute resolution process;
6. Providing assistance to localities in the implementation of a comprehensive early intervention services system in accordance with state and federal statutes and regulations; and
7. Requesting and reviewing data and reports on the implementation of early intervention services from counterpart local agencies.
1992, c. 771, § 2.1-763; 2001, c. 844.
The chapters of the acts of assembly referenced in the historical citation at the end of this section may not constitute a comprehensive list of such chapters and may exclude chapters whose provisions have expired.