Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 1. Administration
Agency 20. State Board of Elections
Chapter 45. Absent Military and Overseas Voters

1VAC20-45-10. Definitions.

The following words and terms when used in this chapter shall have the following meanings unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:

"Application for an absentee ballot" means a Federal Post Card Application (Form SF-76). A Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (SF-186) is an absentee ballot application only for the voted ballot being submitted and is not an application for future elections.

"Federal-only ballot overseas voter" means a United States citizen residing outside the United States indefinitely who has not provided his last date of residence in Virginia or employment information showing that he is employed overseas or is the spouse or dependent residing with a person employed overseas. The date the applicant has provided next to his affirmation will serve as his last date of residence.

Statutory Authority

§ 24.2-103 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 30, Issue 22, eff. June 10, 2014.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.