Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 1. Administration
Agency 45. Department of Law
Chapter 10. Regulations Governing Disclosure of CID (Civil Investigative Demand)

1VAC45-10-70. Restrictions on use.

The law-enforcement authority and its custodian in receipt of material shall strictly maintain the confidentiality of the material. The law-enforcement authority shall use material provided pursuant to this chapter to conduct an investigation into violations of the Virginia Antitrust Act, the Virginia Consumer Protection Act, the Virginia Telephone Privacy Protection Act, the Bad Faith Assertions of Patent Infringement law, or the Solicitation of Contributions law or to conduct any litigation related to such violations. Nothing in this section shall preclude the use of the materials provided by this chapter before a court of law except as may otherwise be precluded by law.

Statutory Authority

§ 59.1-9.10 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR145-00-01 § 7, eff. August 27, 1981; amended, Virginia Register Volume 32, Issue 2, eff. November 5, 2015; Volume 37, Issue 18, eff. June 14, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.