Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 1. Administration
Agency 7. Virginia Code Commission
Chapter 10. Regulations for Filing and Publishing Agency Regulations

1VAC7-10-90. Filing regulations.

A. An agency must file all regulations, including materials incorporated by reference and forms used in administering the regulation, with the registrar. The regulations shall be filed through the Regulatory Information System or as directed by the registrar.

B. The agency shall file the full text of a regulation with the registrar, except text that is incorporated by reference pursuant to § 2.2-4103 of the Code of Virginia shall be filed in accordance with Part III (1VAC7-10-140 et seq.) of this chapter.

C. No regulation, or amendment or repeal thereof, is effective until filed with the registrar pursuant to § 2.2-4103 of the Code of Virginia. If the regulation, or amendment or repeal thereof, is incomplete, the registrar may decline to publish the regulation.

Statutory Authority

§ 2.2-4104 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 32, Issue 9, eff. January 1, 2016.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.