Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 30. Department of Medical Assistance Services
Chapter 130. Amount, Duration and Scope of Selected Services

12VAC30-130-260. Appeals.

A. Following notification to the NF of the Level II assessment determination by the state MH/MRA, the NF must inform the individual of the decision indicating the reasons for acceptance or denial and the method of appeal. Any individual, regardless of method of payment, who wishes to appeal the decision of the Level II evaluation may do so by sending written notification to the Department of Medical Assistance Services, Division of Client Appeals.

B. Decisions made by the annual resident review teams shall also be appealable to DMAS. The reviewed individual shall send written notification to DMAS, Division of Client Appeals.

C. All appeal requests must be made within 30 days of the individual's notification of the review decision.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-324 and 32.1-325 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR460-04-4.3910 § 13, eff. June 1, 1994; amended, Virginia Register Volume 25, Issue 14, eff. April 15, 2009.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.