Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 30. Department of Medical Assistance Services
Chapter 40. Eligibility Conditions and Requirements

12VAC30-40-350. Standards for optional state supplementary payments.

A. Aged, blind, and disabled recipients of optional state supplementary payments are eligible for medical assistance as categorically needy under this plan. The payments meet the four conditions specified in 45 CFR 248.2(d), that is, they are:

1. Regular, in cash, and based on need;

2. Available on a statewide basis;

3. Made to reasonable classifications of individuals who, except for the level of their income, would be eligible for an SSI payment; and

4. Equal to the difference between income and financial standards used to determine eligibility for the supplement.

B. A 15% differential above the maximum rate set forth in the appropriation act each year is established for residents in Planning District 8.

Statutory Authority

§ 32.1-325 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR460-02-2.6200; amended, Virginia Register Volume 17, Issue 13, eff. April 11, 2001.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.