Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 35. Department of Behavioral Health And Developmental Services
Chapter 46. Regulations for Children's Residential Facilities

12VAC35-46-220. Weapons.

The provider shall develop and implement written policies and procedures governing the possession and use of firearms, pellet guns, air guns, and other weapons on the facility's premises and during facility-related activities. The policy shall provide that no firearms, pellet guns, air guns, or other weapons shall be permitted on the premises or at facility-sponsored activities unless the weapons are:

1. In the possession of licensed security personnel or law-enforcement officers;

2. Kept securely under lock and key; or

3. Used by a resident with the legal guardian's permission under the supervision of a responsible adult in accord with policies and procedures developed by the facility for the weapons' lawful and safe use.

Statutory Authority

§§ 37.2-203 and 37.2-408 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 25, Issue 21, eff. August 6, 2009.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.