Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 35. Department of Behavioral Health And Developmental Services
Chapter 46. Regulations for Children's Residential Facilities

12VAC35-46-720. Written placement agreement.

A. The facility, except a facility that accepts admission only upon receipt of the order of a court of competent jurisdiction, shall develop a written placement agreement that:

1. Authorizes the resident's placement;

2. Addresses acquisition of and consent for any medical treatment needed by the resident;

3. Addresses the rights and responsibilities of each party involved;

4. Addresses financial responsibility for the placement;

5. Addresses visitation with the resident; and

6. Addresses the education plan for the resident and the responsibilities of all parties.

B. Each resident's record shall contain, prior to a routine admission, a completed placement agreement signed by a facility representative and the parent, legal guardian, or placing agency.

C. The record of each person admitted based on a court order shall contain a copy of the court order.

Statutory Authority

§§ 37.2-203 and 37.2-408 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 25, Issue 21, eff. August 6, 2009.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.