Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 150. Regulations for the Sanitary Control of Storing, Processing, Packing or Repacking of Oysters, Clams and Other Shellfish

12VAC5-150-10. Definitions.

The following words and terms, when used in this chapter shall have the following meaning, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:

"Certificate of inspection" means the certificate issued by the State Health Commissioner to each person, firm, or corporation operating an establishment for the storing, processing, packing, or repacking of oysters, clams, and other shellfish, to operate the establishment.

"Establishment" means any property or premises where shellfish are stored, processed, packed, or repacked prior to removal from the property or premises for sale or for storage in the fresh or frozen state.

"Standards and specifications" means the standards and specifications established by the State Health Commissioner:

Statutory Authority

Chapter 8 (§ 28.2-800 et seq.) of Title 28.2 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR355-19-05 § 1, eff. September 1, 1969.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.