Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 195. Virginia WIC Program

12VAC5-195-230. Conflict of interest.

A. Local agency personnel involved in the WIC eligibility, certification, and food benefits process shall not:

1. Act as a proxy for a participant;

2. Have a direct financial interest in an authorized WIC retailer; or

3. Complete an onsite stocking visit of an authorized retailer at which they or a relative is employed.

B. Individuals involved in administering the WIC Program shall not certify or issue food instruments to themselves or relatives.

C. Additional conflict of interest regulation may be found in 12VAC5-195-460.

D. This section is not meant to replace or abrogate the Virginia State and Local Government Conflict of Interests Act, Chapter 31 (§ 2.2-3100 et seq.) of Title 2.2 of the Code of Virginia.

Statutory Authority

§ 32.1-12 of the Code of Virginia; 7 CFR Part 246.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 19, eff. May 26, 2008; amended, Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 12, eff. March 13, 2013; Volume 35, Issue 22, eff. July 24, 2019.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.