Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 195. Virginia WIC Program

12VAC5-195-80. Proof of identification.

Applicants shall present proof of identification to obtain all WIC services and benefits. This includes certification and subsequent certification visits, food instrument issuance, special formula issuance, nutrition education, and verification of certification transfers. The local agency shall only accept the following as proof of identification:

1. Valid Medicaid card or letter;

2. Social Security card;

3. Driver's license;

4. Birth certificate;

5. Marriage license;

6. Crib card for newborns;

7. Hospital card for newborns;

8. Military identification card or discharge papers (DD214);

9. Clinic or hospital record or ID;

10. TANF or welfare photo ID;

11. Refugee settlement papers;

12. Immigration or Naturalization Record (e.g., green card);

13. Passport or visa; and

14. School records (ID or report card, enrollment or health record).

Statutory Authority

§ 32.1-12 of the Code of Virginia; 7 CFR Part 246.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 19, eff. May 26, 2008; amended, Virginia Register Volume 35, Issue 22, eff. July 24, 2019.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.