Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 217. Regulations of the Patient Level Data System

12VAC5-217-100. Late charge.

A late charge of $25 per working day shall be paid to the board by an inpatient hospital that does not submit, in aggregate, a complete filing of the patient level data required by 12VAC5-217-20 for all inpatients discharged in a calendar year quarter pursuant to the times established in 12VAC5-217-60. This requirement may be waived by the board if an inpatient hospital can show that an extenuating circumstance exists. Examples of an extenuating circumstance include, but are not limited to, the installation of a new computerized billing system, a bankruptcy proceeding, closure of the institution, change of ownership in the institution, or the institution is a new facility that has recently opened.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-276.2 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Former 12VAC25-40-100 derived from VR370-01-003 § 5.4, eff. April 1, 1994; amended and adopted as 12VAC5-217-100, Virginia Register Volume 13, Issue 22, eff. August 20, 1997.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.