Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 230. State Medical Facilities Plan

12VAC5-230-60. When competing applications received.

In reviewing competing applications, preference may be given to an applicant who:

1. Has an established performance record in completing projects on time and within the authorized operating expenses and capital costs;

2. Has both lower capital costs and operating expenses than his competitors and can demonstrate that his estimates are credible;

3. Can demonstrate a consistent compliance with state licensure and federal certification regulations and a consistent history of few documented complaints, where applicable; or

4. Can demonstrate a commitment to serving his community or service area as evidenced by unreimbursed services to the indigent and providing needed but unprofitable services, taking into account the demands of the particular service area.

Statutory Authority

§ 32.1-102.2 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 25, Issue 9, eff. February 15, 2009; Errata, 25:11 VA.R. 2018 February 2, 2009.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.