Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 371. Regulations for the Licensure of Nursing Facilities

12VAC5-371-170. Quality assessment and assurance.

A. The nursing facility shall maintain a quality assessment and assurance committee consisting of at least the following individuals:

1. The director of nursing services;

2. A physician designated by the nursing facility; and

3. At least three other members of the nursing facility staff, one of whom demonstrates an ability to represent the rights and concerns of residents.

B. The quality assessment and assurance committee shall:

1. Meet at least quarterly to identify issues which would improve quality of care and services provided to residents; and

2. Develop and implement appropriate plans of action to correct identified deficiencies.

C. The nursing facility shall document compliance with these requirements.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-127 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 13, Issue 17, eff. July 1, 1997; amended, Virginia Register Volume 37, Issue 17, eff. May 27, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.