Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 405. Rules Governing Private Review Agents

12VAC5-405-110. Accessibility.

A. A private review agent shall provide free telephone access to patients and providers at least 40 hours per week during normal business hours. Private review agents must have a mechanism for informing patients and providers of the eastern time zone hours during which those agents are accessible; such eastern time zone hours shall be no less than 40 hours per week during normal business hours.

B. It is the responsibility of the private review agent to install and maintain an adequate telephone system that accepts and records messages or accepts and provides recorded business hour information for incoming calls outside of normal business hours.

C. The department may determine, upon written request, that other telephone systems are adequate in special circumstances.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-138.7 and 32.1-138.15 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 15, Issue 20, eff. July 21, 1999.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.