Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 410. Regulations for the Licensure of Hospitals in Virginia

12VAC5-410-130. Return of license.

The OLC shall be notified in writing at least within 30 working days in advance of any proposed change in location or ownership of the facility. A license shall not be transferred from one owner to another or from one location to another. The license issued by the commissioner shall be returned to the OLC for correction or reissuance when any of the following changes occur during the licensing year:

1. Revocation;

2. Change of location;

3. Change of ownership;

4. Change of name;

5. Change of bed capacity, except as provided in 12VAC5-410-110 C; or

6. Voluntary closure.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-127 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR355-33-500 § 1.13, eff. July 28, 1993; amended, Virginia Register Volume 11, Issue 8, eff. April 1, 1995; Volume 11, Issue 16, eff. June 1, 1995; Volume 23, Issue 10, eff. March 1, 2007; Volume 35, Issue 24, eff. August 23, 2019.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.