Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 421. Food Regulations

12VAC5-421-3580. Evaluation of a variance application.

A. The commissioner shall act on any variance request submitted pursuant to 12VAC5-421-3570 C within 60 days of receipt of the request.

B. In evaluating a variance application, the commissioner shall consider such factors as the following:

1. The effect that such a variance would have on the operation of the food establishment.

2. The cost and other economic considerations imposed by this requirement;

3. The effect that such a variance would have on protection of the public health, safety, welfare and the environment;

4. Such other factors as the commissioner, deputy commissioner, or director of the office of environmental health services may deem appropriate.

Statutory Authority

§§ 35.1-11 and 35.1-14 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 18, Issue 10, eff. March 1, 2002; amended, Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 2, eff. October 16, 2007; Volume 37, Issue 18, eff. June 10, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.