Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 421. Food Regulations

12VAC5-421-3595. Conformance with approved procedures.

If the commissioner or the commissioner's designee grants a variance as specified in 12VAC5-421-3570, or a HACCP plan is otherwise required as specified under 12VAC5-421-3620, the permit holder shall:

1. Comply with the HACCP plans and procedures that are submitted as specified under 12VAC5-421-3630 and approved as a basis for the variance;P and

2. Maintain and provide to the department, upon request, records specified under subdivisions 4 and 5 c of 12VAC5-421-3630 that demonstrate that the following are routinely employed:

a. Procedures for monitoring the critical control points;PF

b. Monitoring of the critical control points;PF

c. Verification of the effectiveness of the operation or process;PF and

d. Necessary corrective actions if there is failure at the critical control point. PF

Statutory Authority

§§ 35.1-11 and 35.1-14 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 37, Issue 18, eff. June 10, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.