Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 421. Food Regulations

12VAC5-421-3830. Refusal, notification of right to access, and final request for access.

If a person denies access to the department, the department shall:

1. Inform the person that:

a. The permit holder is required to allow access to the department as specified under 12VAC5-421-3820,

b. Access is a condition of the acceptance and retention of a food establishment permit to operate as specified under subdivision 6 of 12VAC5-421-3750 , and

c. If access is denied, the commissioner or his designee may apply to an appropriate circuit court for an inspection warrant authorizing such inspection, testing, or taking samples for testing as provided in Chapter 24 (§ 19.2-393 et seq.) of Title 19.2 of the Code of Virginia; and

2. Make a final request for access.

Statutory Authority

§§ 35.1-11 and 35.1-14 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 18, Issue 10, eff. March 1, 2002; amended, Virginia Register Volume 37, Issue 18, eff. June 10, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.