Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 460. Regulations Governing Tourist Establishment Swimming Pools and Other Public Pools

12VAC5-460-180. Filter rooms.

Any room containing the filtration equipment, pumps, and other recirculation system appurtenances shall be finished in a light color and be provided with adequate illumination and ventilation. The floor of the filter room shall be designed to provide adequate drainage. The provision of any facility for discharging filter backwashing water onto the filter floor is strictly prohibited, and adequate provision shall be made for the discharge of backwash water. All of the recirculation equipment in filter rooms shall be installed so that it may easily be operated or repaired. All entrances below ground surface shall be by stairway and vertical door. Adequate headroom shall be provided above all filters. Below-ground filter rooms shall be provided with mechanical ventilation.

Statutory Authority

§ 35.1-13 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR355-35-05 § 18, eff. March 1, 1962.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.