Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 462. Swimming Pool Regulations Governing the Posting of Water Quality Test Results

12VAC5-462-170. Application for a variance.

Any owner who seeks a variance shall apply in writing. The application shall be signed by the owner, addressed and sent to the commissioner at the State Department of Health in Richmond. The application shall include:

1. A citation to the regulation from which a variance is requested;

2. The nature and duration of the variance requested;

3. Any relevant analytical results including results of relevant tests conducted pursuant to the requirements of this chapter;

4. Statements or evidence why the public health and welfare would not be degraded if the variance were granted;

5. Suggested conditions that might be imposed on the granting of a variance that would limit the detrimental impact on the public health and welfare;

6. Other information, if any, believed pertinent by the applicant; and

7. Such other information as the district or local health department or commissioner may require.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-248.1 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR355-35-700 § 3.11, Virginia Register Volume 10, Issue 20, eff. August 1, 1994.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.