Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 550. Board of Health Regulations Governing Vital Records

12VAC5-550-190. Local records.

On forms furnished by the State Registrar or on electronic media approved by the State Registrar, each registrar shall record the following information from the original records before forwarding such original records to the State Registrar:

1. For birth records: the full name of the child, sex and race of child, date of birth, place of birth, names of parents, residence of parents, date filed, and local certificate number.

2. For death records: the full name of the decedent, race and sex of decedent, date of death and place of death, date filed, and local certificate number.

3. For spontaneous fetal death records: surname of family, race and sex of fetus, date and place of delivery, date filed, and local report number.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-250 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR355-29-100 § 6.2, eff. April 1, 1995; amended, Virginia Register Volume 19, Issue 26, eff. October 8, 2003.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.