Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 590. Waterworks Regulations

12VAC5-590-260. Issuance of the operation permit.

A. Upon receipt of the statement of completion of construction, receipt of all required certifications and test results, inspection by the department to ensure that the project has been satisfactorily completed in accordance with the approved design documents, and verification that bacteriological test results comply with the requirements set forth in Part II of this chapter, as appropriate, the commissioner will issue an operation permit.

B. The owner shall not operate a waterworks without first having obtained an operation permit except as provided in 12VAC5-590-290.

C. The commissioner shall establish the type (community waterworks, NTNC, or TNC), classification, and permitted capacity of the waterworks and specify these on the operation permit. Conditions may be included with the permit for operator, monitoring, and reporting requirements.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-170 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR355-18-003.21 § 1.27, eff. August 1, 1991; amended, Virginia Register Volume 9, Issue 17, eff. June 23, 1993; Volume 37, Issue 20, eff. June 23, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.