Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 590. Waterworks Regulations

12VAC5-590-310. Amendment or reissuance of operation permits.

A. The commissioner may amend or reissue an operation permit (i) when there is a change in the manner of storage, treatment, or supply of source water at the permitted location; (ii) when the existing permit is no longer valid; (iii) for any other cause incident to the protection of the public health; or (iv) for the supplying of potable water. A notice may be required to be given to the owner, and if one is required, a hearing held in accordance with the provisions of 12VAC5-590-115.

B. The commissioner may require submission of a waterworks business operation plan as a condition to amend or reissue an operation permit. The waterworks business operation plan shall satisfy the requirements of 12VAC5-590-200 A 5.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-170 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR355-18-003.26 § 1.32, eff. August 1, 1991; amended, Virginia Register Volume 9, Issue 17, eff. June 23, 1993; Volume 37, Issue 20, eff. June 23, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.