Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 640. Alternative Discharging Sewage Treatment Regulations for Individual Single Family Dwellings

12VAC5-640-290. Voidance of construction or operation permits.

After providing the owner with the notice and the opportunity to participate in an informal conference or consultation proceeding in accordance with § 2.2-4019 of the Code of Virginia and 12VAC5-640-180, the commissioner or the department may declare a discharging system's construction or operation permit null and void when any of the following conditions occur:

1. Conditions such as house location, well location, discharging system location, discharge point, discharge system design, topography, drainage ways, or other site conditions are changed from those shown on the application or site plan;

2. Conditions are changed from those shown on the construction permit;

3. More than 60 months elapse from the date the permit was issued; or

4. The revocation or expiration of the General Permit or of the owner's approved registration by the SWCB.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-164 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR355-34-400 § 2.19, eff. July 30, 1992; amended, Virginia Register Volume 32, Issue 6, eff. December 16, 2015.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.