Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 640. Alternative Discharging Sewage Treatment Regulations for Individual Single Family Dwellings

12VAC5-640-410. Subdivisions.

Discharging systems may be permitted in existing subdivisions in accordance with this chapter.

No discharging system shall be permitted in any subdivision created after July 30, 1992, when a central sewer system is available or may be permitted to serve the subdivision. If the SWCB determines that no central sewage facilities are reasonably available or may be permitted, and each proposed site is eligible for registration under the General Permit, then the locality, in which the proposed subdivision is located, may request that the department review the plan for compliance with this chapter. When subdivisions are proposed utilizing individual discharging systems and dry ditch discharges, the use of easements shall be prohibited for multiple systems discharging to a single dry ditch or intermittent stream unless the owner(s) take necessary action to prevent access by children, animals, or other vectors.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12, 32.1-163 and 32.1-164 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR355-34-400 § 3.3, eff. July 30, 1992.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.