Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 90. Regulations for Disease Reporting and Control

12VAC5-90-370. Reporting of healthcare-associated infections.

A. Reportable infections. Facilities that report data into the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting Program shall share the data, through the NHSN, with the department.

B. Liability protection and data release. Any person making such report as authorized herein shall be immune from liability as provided by § 32.1-38 of the Code of Virginia. Infection rate data may be released to the public by the department upon request. Data shall be aggregated to ensure that no individual patient may be identified.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-35 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 19, eff. July 1, 2008; amended, Virginia Register Volume 27, Issue 13, eff. March 28, 2011; Volume 31, Issue 26, eff. September 25, 2015.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.