Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 17. Libraries And Cultural Resources
Agency 15. Library of Virginia (Library Board)
Chapter 61. Standards for Permanent Instruments Recorded by Hard Copy

17VAC15-61-10. Statement of applicability; definitions.

These standards shall apply to all written instruments, plats, and other drawings submitted, recorded, or filed for permanent retention in the circuit courts of the Commonwealth.

The following words and terms, when used in this chapter shall have the following meanings unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:

"Written instrument" means a writing required by law to be recorded and retained permanently in the clerk's office of the circuit courts of the Commonwealth, excluding wills as set forth in 17VAC15-61-60.

"Plat" means a drawing that shows one or more geometric relationships expressed by a bearing and a distance.

"Other drawing" means any drawing that does not show a geometric relationship expressed by a bearing and a distance.

Statutory Authority

§§ 42.1-8 and 42.1-82 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 32, Issue 24, eff. August 25, 2016.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.