Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 17. Libraries And Cultural Resources
Agency 5. Board of Historic Resources
Chapter 30. Evaluation Criteria and Procedures for Designations by the Board of Historic Resources

17VAC5-30-80. Revisions to properties listed in the Virginia Landmarks Register.

Four justifications exist for altering a boundary of a property previously listed in the Virginia Landmarks Register:

1. Professional error in the initial nomination;

2. Loss of historic integrity;

3. Recognition of additional significance;

4. Additional research documenting that a larger or smaller area should be listed.

The board shall approve no enlargement of a boundary unless the additional area possesses previously unrecognized significance in American history, architecture, archaeology, engineering or culture. The board shall approve no diminution of a boundary unless the properties being removed do not meet the Virginia Landmarks Register criteria for evaluation.

Statutory Authority

§ 10.1-2205 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR390-01-03 § 3.5, eff. February 9, 1994.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.