Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 115. Board of Counseling
Chapter 40. Regulations Governing the Certification of Rehabilitation Providers

18VAC115-40-26. Supervised experience requirement.

The following shall apply to the supervised experience requirement for certification:

1. On average, the supervisor and the supervisee shall consult for two hours per week in group or personal instruction. The total hours of personal instruction shall not be less than 100 hours within the 2,000 hours of experience. Group instruction shall not exceed six persons in a group.

2. Half of the personal instruction contained in the total supervised experience shall be face-to-face between the supervisor and supervisee. A portion of the face-to-face instruction shall include direct observation of the supervisee-rehabilitation client interaction.

Statutory Authority

§ 54.1-2400 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 14, Issue 25, eff. September 30, 1998; amended, Virginia Register Volume 38, Issue 1, eff. September 29, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.