Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 120. Department of Professional And Occupational Regulation
Chapter 40. Virginia Professional Boxing and Wrestling Events Regulations

18VAC120-40-85. Requirements for boxer, martial artist, or contestant prior to an event or contest.

Each boxer or contestant shall provide the department a negative test for the following prior to an event or contest:

1. Antibodies to the human immunodeficiency virus;

2. Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg); and

3. Antibodies of virus hepatitis C.

Such tests shall be conducted within the 180 days preceding the event. A boxer, martial artist, or contestant who fails to provide the department with the required negative test results shall not be permitted to compete in the event or contest. The provisions of this section shall not apply to participants in a wrestling or martial arts event.

Statutory Authority

§ 54.1-831 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 25, Issue 15, eff. May 14, 2009; amended, Virginia Register Volume 32, Issue 25, eff. September 7, 2016.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.