Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 140. Board of Social Work
Chapter 20. Regulations Governing the Practice of Social Work

18VAC140-20-106. Documenting compliance with continuing education requirements.

A. All licensees in active status are required to maintain original documentation for a period of three years following renewal.

B. The board may conduct an audit of licensees to verify compliance with the requirement for a renewal period.

C. Upon request, a licensee shall provide documentation as follows:

1. Documentation of Category I activities by submission of:

a. Official transcripts showing credit hours earned; or

b. Certificates of participation.

2. Attestation of completion of Category II activities.

D. Continuing education hours required by disciplinary order shall not be used to satisfy renewal requirements.

Statutory Authority

§ 54.1-2400 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 17, Issue 14, eff. April 25, 2001; amended, Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 25, eff. September 26, 2013; Volume 32, Issue 7, eff. December 30, 2015.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.