Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 160. Board For Waterworks And Wastewater Works Operators And Onsite Sewage System Professionals
Chapter 30. Waterworks and Wastewater Works Operators Licensing Regulations

18VAC160-30-100. Full-time experience or equivalent.

For the purposes of this part, experience requirements are expressed in terms of calendar periods of full-time employment as an operator or as an operator-in-training at a waterworks or wastewater works in the same category for which licensure is sought pursuant to this chapter.

1. A year of full-time employment is defined as a minimum of 1,760 hours during a 12-month period or a minimum of 220 workdays in a 12-month period. A workday is defined as attendance at a waterworks or wastewater works to the extent required for proper operation. More than 1,760 hours or 220 workdays during a 12-month period will not be considered as more than one year of full-time employment.

2. Partial credit may be given for actual hours of work experience if the applicant works as an operator or as an operator-in-training less than full time.

Statutory Authority

§§ 54.1-201 and 54.1-2301 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 33, Issue 11, eff. April 1, 2017.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.