Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 35. Board of Bar Examiners
Chapter 10. Rules of the Virginia Board of Bar Examiners

18VAC35-10-70. Filing deadline.

The proper form of application for examination, complete with fee and all required attachments, must be RECEIVED in the Office of the Secretary on or before December 15 when applying for the February examination, or May 15 when applying for the July examination. ABSOLUTELY NO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER SUCH DATES WILL BE ACCEPTED. APPLICANTS WHO MAIL THEIR APPLICATIONS OR USE DELIVERY SERVICES DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK. No application for Examination will be accepted unless the applicant's completed character and fitness questionnaire, with the applicable fee, has been previously filed with the secretary of the board or is filed simultaneously with the application for examination. Early filing of the character and fitness questionnaire is encouraged.

Statutory Authority

§§ 54.1-3922 and 54.1-3925 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR168-01-02 § 2.3, eff. October 1, 1993.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.