Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 41. Board For Barbers And Cosmetology
Chapter 60. Body-Piercing Regulations

18VAC41-60-70. General requirements for a body-piercing apprenticeship sponsor.

A. Upon filing an application with the Board for Barbers and Cosmetology, any person meeting the qualifications set forth in this section may be eligible to sponsor a body-piercing apprentice if the person:

1. Holds a current Virginia body-piercing license;

2. Provides documentation of legally practicing body piercing for at least five years; and

3. Provides documentation indicating that he is in good standing in all jurisdictions where the practice of body piercing is regulated.

B. Apprenticeship sponsors shall be required to maintain a body-piercer license.

C. Apprenticeship sponsors shall ensure compliance with the 1500-hour Body-Piercing Apprenticeship Program and Body-Piercing Apprenticeship Standards.

Statutory Authority

§ 54.1-201 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 23, Issue 12, eff. April 1, 2007.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.