Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 50. Board For Contractors
Chapter 22. Board for Contractors Regulations

18VAC50-22-210. Change of business entity requires a new license.

Licenses are issued to firms as defined in this chapter and are not transferable. Whenever the legal business entity holding the license is dissolved or altered to form a new business entity, the original license becomes void and shall be returned to the board within 30 days of the change. Additionally, the firm shall apply for a new license, on a form provided by the board, within 30 days of the change in the business entity. Such changes include but are not limited to:

1. Death of a sole proprietor;

2. Death or withdrawal of a general partner in a general partnership or the managing partner in a limited partnership; and

3. Conversion, formation, or dissolution of a corporation, a limited liability company, or an association or any other business entity recognized under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Statutory Authority

§§ 54.1-201 and 54.1-1102 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR220-01-2:1 § 5.2, eff. March 31, 1995; amended, Virginia Register Volume 17, Issue 21, eff. September 1, 2001; Volume 29, Issue 3, eff. December 1, 2012.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.