Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 60. Board of Dentistry
Chapter 30. Regulations Governing the Practice of Dental Assistants

18VAC60-30-115. General application requirements.

All applications for registration as a dental assistant II shall include:

1. Evidence of a current credential as a Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) conferred by the Dental Assisting National Board or another certification from a credentialing organization recognized by the American Dental Association and acceptable to the board that was granted following passage of an examination on general chairside assisting, radiation health and safety, and infection control;

2. Verification of completion of educational requirements set forth in 18VAC60-30-120; and

3. Attestation of having read and understood the laws and regulations governing the practice of dentistry and dental assisting in Virginia and of the applicant's intent to remain current with such laws and regulations.

Statutory Authority

§ 54.1-2400 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 32, Issue 5, eff. December 2, 2015.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.