Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 19. Public Safety
Agency 30. Department of State Police
Chapter 190. Regulations Relating to the Issuance of Nonresident Concealed Handgun Carry Permits

19VAC30-190-20. How to apply.

Applicants may request an application package by contacting the Virginia State Police Firearms Transaction Center in writing at the below address or online at

All written requests must include the applicant's complete name and mailing address. A telephone number is also requested. Written requests shall be sent to:

Firearms Transaction Center

Nonresident CHP Permits

Criminal Justice Information Services Division

Department of State Police

P.O. Box 85141

Richmond, VA 23285-5141

The application package will include a Concealed Handgun Permit Application, requirement and qualification information, a fingerprint card, a checklist, and a return envelope for the completed application.

Statutory Authority

§ 18.2-308.06 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 11, eff. March 6, 2008; amended, Virginia Register Volume 40, Issue 8, eff. January 8, 2024.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.