Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 30. Department For Aging And Rehabilitative Services
Chapter 60. Grants to Area Agencies on Aging

22VAC30-60-300. Contract awards to Area Agencies on Aging.

The Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services is authorized under § 51.5-135 of the Code of Virginia to award grants or contracts, or a combination of both, to a designated Area Agency on Aging to administer programs under an approved area plan. The Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services has determined that the contracts mechanism is the appropriate vehicle for making awards to Area Agencies on Aging in furtherance of its purpose under its approved area plan. Even though the procuring mechanism is called a contract, for purposes of interpreting federal regulations, the provisions for grants and grantees shall apply to an Area Agency on Aging rather than the provisions for contracts.

Statutory Authority

§ 51.5-131 of the Code of Virginia; 42 USC § 3001 et seq.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 2, eff. October 24, 2012.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.