Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 30. Department For Aging And Rehabilitative Services
Chapter 60. Grants to Area Agencies on Aging

22VAC30-60-440. Carry-over funds.

Article 9
Carry-Over Balance Policies

Carry-over funds may represent obligated but unspent funds. For such funds to be available for expenditure in a subsequent fiscal year, the Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services must reauthorize in the subsequent area plan such funds for an area agency to obligate and expend. An Area Agency on Aging shall request authority for such reauthorization of funds. In general, carry-over balances from Titles III-B, III-C(1), III-C(2), and III-D should not exceed 10% of the federal obligation for the new fiscal year, computed separately. This 10% carry-over policy does not apply to Virginia general fund moneys; all of general fund moneys must be spent by June 30 of the fiscal year in which they have been awarded. Approval for the use of such federal carry-over funds shall be granted by the Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services only for specific uses and for a specified period of time.

Statutory Authority

§ 51.5-131 of the Code of Virginia; 42 USC § 3001 et seq.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 2, eff. October 24, 2012.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.