Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 111. Standards for Licensed Family Day Homes

22VAC40-111-350. Water Supply.

A. The home shall have indoor running water.

B. When water is not obtained from a municipal supply, and the house is not connected to a municipal sewer line, the water supply and septic system of the family day home shall be inspected and approved by the local health official or a private laboratory if there are open and obvious symptoms of water or sewage system problems, such as evidence of cloudy, murky, or muddy water, or sewage back up.

C. Family day homes connected to a municipal water supply and sewer line that have open and obvious symptoms of water or sewage system problems shall have the problems corrected within a time frame established by the local public utility department.

D. There shall be an ample supply of hot and cold water available to children and caregivers for hand washing.

E. Hot water at taps available to children shall be maintained within a range of 105°F to 120°F.

Statutory Authority

§§ 63.2-217, 63.2-1701, and 63.2-1734 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Volume 26, Issue 07, eff. July 1, 2010.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.