Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 111. Standards for Licensed Family Day Homes

22VAC40-111-50. General Recordkeeping.

A. The family day home shall keep a written record of children in attendance each day.

B. The provider's records shall be maintained in the home and made accessible to the department's representative.

C. Information contained in a child's record shall be privileged and confidential. The provider shall not distribute or release information in a child's record to any unauthorized person without the written consent of the child's parent.

D. Children's records shall be made available to a child's parent upon request, unless otherwise ordered by the court.

E. Records and reports on children, caregivers, and household members required by this chapter shall be maintained and made accessible to the department's representative for two years from the date of termination of services for a child, date of separation from employment for caregivers, or date of termination of residence for a household member, or unless specified otherwise.

Statutory Authority

§§ 63.2-217, 63.2-1701, and 63.2-1734 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Volume 26, Issue 07, eff. July 1, 2010.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.