Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 131. Standards for Licensed Child-Placing Agencies

22VAC40-131-300. School enrollment.

A. For each school-aged child in its custody, the licensee shall be responsible for ensuring that the child is enrolled in school. Within 72 hours of the date of the child's foster care placement, the licensee shall notify the relevant school division's principal and superintendent, or designee, of the child's placement and status of the parental rights of the child.

B. The child's file maintained by the licensee shall contain documentation of the licensee's contact with school authorities.

C. For school-aged children in foster care, the licensee shall collaborate and work cooperatively with the local department and the local education authority to maintain educational stability for each child. Cooperative efforts shall be documented in the child's file.

Statutory Authority

§§ 63.2-217 and 63.2-1734 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 28, Issue 10, eff. May 1, 2012.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.