Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 201. Permanency Services - Prevention, Foster Care, Adoption and Independent Living

22VAC40-201-120. Funding.

A. The local department is responsible for establishing a foster child's eligibility for federal, state, or other funding sources and making required payments from such sources. Local departments shall seek state pool funds for a child's maintenance and service needs when other funding sources are not available.

B. The assessment and provision of services to the child and birth parents or prior custodians shall be made without regard to the funding source.

C. The child's eligibility for Title IV-E funding shall be redetermined upon a change in situation and in accordance with federal Title IV-E eligibility requirements.

D. The service worker is responsible for providing the eligibility worker information required for the annual redetermination of Medicaid eligibility and information related to changes in the child's situation.

Statutory Authority

§§ 63.2-217, 63.2-319, and 63.2-900 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 2, eff. November 1, 2012; amended, Virginia Register Volume 33, Issue 8, January 11, 2017.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.