Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 221. Additional Daily Supervision Rate Structure

22VAC40-221-40. Foster and adoptive home requirements.

A. The requirements for foster parents or adoptive parents, prior to a finalized adoption, receiving an ADS payment shall include but not be limited to:

1. Working with the child-placing agency to identify and participate in targeted training necessary to meet the support and supervision needs of the child;

2. Actively participating in the development and implementation of the foster care service plan;

3. Agreeing to accept and participate in services to prevent placement disruption; and

4. Monitoring and documenting the child's progress based on a schedule and in a format developed in consultation with the child-placing agency.

B. This section is not applicable in cases once a final order of adoption has been issued.

Statutory Authority

§ 63.2-217 of the Code of Virginia; 42 USC § 673.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 30, Issue 6, eff. January 1, 2014.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.